Tuesday 2 December 2014

Who is the director...


Hi, so the smiley red head above is me. My name is Jamie Ann I'm a 24 year old English and Theatre Studies graduate who, like most, bumbles through life trying to make it exactly how I want it to be. I work in a big ol' department store because I have rent to pay and live with my boyfriend and our two goldfish.
I graduated in 2011 which was a weird moment that I never quite understood. Real life is something that no amount of sitting in a library can prefer you for; who knew!? Anyway, In 2011 I decided that I didn't want to be a drama teacher and that I would start my own theatre company. I came up with the name "OddBox" and got a friend to make a logo (as seen in my selfie above) and started planning how I was going to make the "next big thing". The first productions came about in 2012 and "OddBox Theatre Company" has been producing shows around Hampshire and the Isle of Wight ever since. 
However, I'll admit until about 9 months ago, I didn't really know what running a theatre company meant. There's a difference between directing and producing a show, and running and taking ownership of a theatre company; that you and the people who get involved in, can be proud of. 
So, to help me focus and give you and insight into what I'm learning it takes, I thought I'd start this blog. Hey, we might learn something together. 
I go to see shows, meetings, networking events, costume and prop shopping and hey ever now and then I might run a rehearsal!

Right, it's definitely bed time for me. because tomorrow is a blinkin' busy day!

Very excited to share my experiences with you all!
Speak soon,
Jamie Ann


If you read through this and want to find out a bit more about us we're on Twitter and Facebook just search @OddBoxTheatre or facebook.co.uk/oddboxtheatre

No comments:

Post a Comment